Mekong Network: Random Articles and Essays
- So Perfect
The most drop-dead gorgeous four-door car to ever roll down the highway? The 1989-1994 Nissan Maxima.
- Seeing Past Crazy
It's a good thing hardly anyone reads these essays, because if they did, I'd catch hell for the deeply-held belief expressed in this article: The 1999 movie Mystery Men is the greatest superhero movie ever made.
- Starting from Zero
Written in April 2007, in response to an article by William Shawcross, this article examines parallels between Cambodia and Iraq.
- Andy? Is That You?
Back in October 2006, we discovered the shocking truth about conservative pundit Michelle Malkin...
- Jagged Rocks: Iraq 2006
From June 2006, an article on the dire state of affairs in the Iraq.
- Residual Talking Points: Iraq 2005
November 2005: Still more on Iraq.
- Saigon Lesson Plan (from Sobaka 17 - PDF)
Written in October 2005 and originally published in a now-defunct online magazine, this article asks what we learned from Indochina.
- My Exasperated Unendorsement for President
May 2004: A short article on which person not to vote for.
- Many Misgivings: Thoughts on the War with Iraq
A warning about the perils of war, written in March 2003.
- Photo Galleries
Links to this site's various photo galleries.
- Lost Palaces: A Gallery of Movie Theatre Photos
Several sets of photos from old movie theatres.
- Unsound Bytes
The problem with blogs is...
- What I'm Watching
Most movies and TV shows are crap. But never fear: there are still some diamonds out there.
- What I'm Reading
Occasional comments on books. Hardly ever updated, but oh well.
- Thailand, 1989: Get Your Wings
- Cambodia, 1991: Farther Than Wisconsin
- Cambodia, 2000: The More That Things Change
- Myrtle Beach, 2001: The Normal Family Masquerade
- Turkey Run, 2002: Pretend It Has A Better Name
- Cambodia, 2005: Between Barbie and Murder
- South Dakota, 2010: The Sort of Trip Journal You Write When You're Too Damn Lazy To Write A Decent Trip Journal