Search Help and Hints
This site's Search function can be used to search for single words or simple phrases. It's also possible to create more advanced queries, which will give you more precise results. Here are a few suggestions:
- Look for words with the same prefix. For example, in your query form type key* to find key, keying, keyhole, keyboard, and so on.
- Search for all forms of a word. For example, in the form type move** to find move, moving, and moved.
- Search with the keyword NEAR, rather than AND, for words close to each other. For example, both of these queries, Angkor and temple and Angkor near temple, look for the words Angkor and temple on the same page. But with NEAR, the returned pages are ranked in order of proximity: The closer together the words are, the higher the rank of that page.
- Refine your queries with the AND NOT keywords to exclude certain text from your search. For example, if you want to find all instances of Angkor but not temple, use the following query:
Angkor AND NOT temple
- Add the OR keyword to find all instances of either one word or another. To find all pages that include the word "Cham" or the word "Muslim," or both, use:
Cham OR Muslim